Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas and the Winners

Dear Friends,

It's been a wild ride, hasn't it?

If you would have told us two weeks ago that God was going to take our little iPod...and then iPad...and turn them into almost $16,000 to help rescue not one, but two little girls on Reece's Rainbow...I think we would have been shocked to say the least.

I know these girls are going to see families step forward to claim them. I know they are.

And I know this is going to sound like the grammy awards or something - but I do have to say thank you to a few special people.

Thank you Stephanie, over at Daily Smiles. If Stephanie hadn't first had a heart for Olga...this never would have happened. Steph- you said it best in an email to me last week...we're just two little blogging mamas on opposite sides of the country, trying to save the little girl we love. I love you, friend. And we WILL meet Olga together some day soon.

Thank you to my dear friend from Yorktown Heights, Cathy..and Nicki...and Cara..and Julie..and Courtney..and Susanna..and everyone else who spoke words of encouragement to me recently...you have no idea how much your words meant to me. And Carrie..you know who you are...when Olga comes home, it will be in no small part, thanks to you as well.

I want to personally thank Michelle Z from Reece's Rainbow ...my sweet little inside source of info these past few weeks. Thank you Michelle, and here's to more Christmases like these... You know you can't wait to do this for me again! ;)

Michelle and her husband adopted last summer from RR...and guess what their little girl's name is? Lily.

She told me they got a $2,000 grant from RR and they were thrilled.

And here I was shooting for $20,000 for Olga. I guess nobody told me not to shoot for the moon. But do you realize we just about did that? Roped the moon? You all gave so much to Olga- $12,549 -that Andrea Roberts asked us to advocate for another child as well...And now Kareen has a wonderful grant of $3,256 sitting in her account, waiting to help her find her forever family. And money is still coming in for both girls- I have friends who did huge fundraising projects this past week- and those checks haven't even reached Reece's Rainbow yet.

I contacted Andrea Roberts today and asked about our girls...because does anybody else feel like these girls are ours? They're going to find their families soon, but our hearts are always going to be linked to them, you know?

Andrea is so confident that they will be "claimed" after this, that she assured me she would personally let me know when that day comes. So if you want to hear "the rest of the story"...keep coming back here, okay?

Because as one of my favorite songs goes- He didn't bring us this far... to leave us.

Sam and I saw miracles happen these past few weeks. More miracles in a few weeks than I have seen in a lifetime. And there are more to come.

I hate sounding sensational...but we didn't know how "Christmas" was going to happen for our family this year. Ten kids makes things a little challenging at Christmas time, to say the least.

But tomorrow- through some really awesome little miracles- my kids are going to be spoiled like they always are. More than spoiled- blessed.

And I know that Olga and Kareen are going to be rescued- over 350 children on RR with smaller grants than these girls have been saved in 4 years- and that is in no small part to you.

So with all that is in me, I just want to say ...thank you.

Thank you for making this truly the best Christmas ever.

So according to Random.org.....the winner of the iPad is...




Jamie Wooddell said...
Just posted about this giveaway on my blog. Thanks for what you do. You are amazing!


and the gift package from Little Rozie goes to..





Virginia (Jenny) said...
facebooked for Kareen!



Congratulations, ladies- email me your addresses, and we will get your prizes to you !

Thank you to everybody... you truly are the best.


Photobucket *thank you Nicki for the Lilybird shirt:)


Merry Christmas!

Love always,
Patti

18 comments:

Race Bannon said...

Do over! I call do over!

Uncle Chris said...

Facebook'd..

Pick now. For the next iPad I mean. Hurry now, my odds are good...

fckopp said...

Oh NO! Lilybird has Grammi's double, no, triple chin. Poor baby.
As for Race Bannon, get over it. You lost!!!

Olga and Kareen are winners!!!

nicole said...

Lilybird melted my heart . . . again!
Thanks for the picture.

Michelle Z said...

Lilybird! I have a Lilybug :)

Anytime you want to run wild on the Internet, raising funds & awareness, I'm happy to be your sidekick!

Merry Christmas, Patti! I hope you have the happiest of holidays!

cathy said...

Wonderful...but we need more & it WILL happen!!
Congrats to the winners & love to Patti

xoxo

Virginia (Jenny) said...

Thank you, Patti!

my family said...

merry christmas to you and your family. In the next couple of weeks I would really like to get in touch with you. imagine what we could do raising money for different children in our communitiestoh elp get these orphans to a family forever.I am so excited and ready to jump on board with what God has in store

Rachel said...

God Bless Us...Everyone...
Especially OLGA and KAREEN!
(our ornament came today and was such a wonderful Christmas reminder for our children before they opened presents to be truely thankful and think of those who have nothing and are awating families:)

We'll keep praying and paying til they come home...

Katy said...

Merry Christmas, Patti. May you and your family be especially blessed this morning. Thanks for making me cry on Christmas morning. ;-) Praying for Olga, Kareen, and so many more.

Julie Shaw said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Anonymous said...

Merry, merry Christmas Patti!! It is Christmas morning, and we are in WA visiting my family. I have not had a chance to check this. And as I am waiting for all my little loves to wake up, I hopped on here to see what has been going on. Wow!! God is going to rescue these precious children and has used you to be their voice and stand up for them. This blessed my heart this morning and puts Christmas in true perspective. God is so good! Thank you for everything you are doing. And because of your trust in God and understanding of the power of prayer first in all things, we are all able to see God working through you. May you have a beautiful Christmas with your family soaking in His peace and resting in His love and enjoying every minute of it. Much, much love to you! Cara

Susanna said...

Merry Christmas, Patti! Love you, friend!

Tara said...

I missed all the recent excitement & fundraising due to computer problems, but I am so proud of you & what you've done! You really increased my faith thru all of this & inspired me that God is so faithful when we act! Thank you so much for the iPod...the whole family is enjoying it!!!

Joella said...

Just wanted to let you know that your blog was one that I chose to pass the 'Honest Scrap' award along to:

http://fineandfair.blogspot.com/2010/12/honest-scrap-award-passing-it-on.html

:)

cathy said...

hope you had a beautiful Christmas......
xoxo
Cathy

JennyH said...

Congrats to the winners and yay for the 2 little girls who will hopefully have families commit to them soon!!

Anonymous said...

I have been following and am thrilled to have had these teaching moments for my children. Thank You for the adorable Christmas tree ornament. We haven't looked here for a while, but returning some presents to donate more. Invaluable lessons for children, and teenagers who have so much. Oh the Love.