Monday, November 29, 2010

Lily Loves Bath Time...and an Upcoming Interview!!

Dearest Lily,

You have a new love...

Photobucket
bath time!!


You used to patiently endure your sudsy soak, with a little "I'm-putting-up-with-this-but-I'd-rather-be-doing-something-else" look. You never really cried, just kind of kicked back in your hot pink tub with a bored look on your face. I tried to get you to play with the bubbles, or splash the water with your pruney little fingers...to no avail.

Photobucket

You would just lie in your tub, sucking a finger or two, oblivious to the splashing fun just waiting to be had in the calm waters surrounding you.

Photobucket

"Look, Lils!" I would coax, and take your tiny hand in mine. I would help you pat the water, trying to interest you in the bubbles...but you just smiled at me, as if to say, "What is the big deal here, Mama?"

But lately....
Photobucket

You've woken up to the wonder of water!


Photobucket

You happily flap your arms up and down and babble excitedly, "DADADADADADA!", grinning ear to ear...

Photobucket

You smile at anyone around you and proclaim your love for all things wet and sudsy by jabbering on and on, "MAMAMAMAMA!"


Photobucket

Sissy tries to get you to look at the camera, but you are too mesmorized by those pearly, slippery bubbles....

Photobucket

Kenzie and I cannot control our laughter as you splash and coo and squeal with delight. We are having so much fun watching you have fun ...our little mermaid come alive!

Photobucket

So Mama learns another lesson: you will do things in your own time. It's not a matter of if, it's just a matter of when. And that just makes each milestone a little more magical... and we never take for granted a single one of them anymore.

Photobucket


Loving you more each day,

Mama oxoxox

****************

Dear Readers,

Just wanted to let you know I am SO excited about an upcoming post. I am interviewing a mama who has adopted a beautiful little girl from Eastern Europe this year, through Reece's Rainbow....Lisa, Mama to Alina and Bridget from Living In The Light !!!

I am beyond thrilled at this opportunity to find out first-hand what adopting through Reece's Rainbow is all about. I hope you will "tune in" when the interview is posted!!

Good things to come!
Patti

20 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE the pictures! She is so perfect <3 I can't wait to read the interview!

Denise said...

What beautiful pictures (as always). I simply love that last one. I had to tell you that we spent so much time talking about you and your family when I got together with Ashley and her family. We are already making plans for a get together when you guys are down here in the spring. We can meet at my house which is exactly in the middle of where you all will be and where Ashley and family live. We can't wait to meet your precious family, especially beautiful little Lily!!

stephanie said...

Those last two pics should be on a billboard for all to see. BEAUTIFUL!!!
WOO HOO! about the interview!!!
Can't wait to read it!

Race Bannon said...

HELLO! Yah! Talkin about that picture!

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures and fun!

fckopp said...

Oh my precious Princess...I just do not know which picture is the cutest (as usual). You are are beautiful.

patsy said...

oh my goodness...so cute! and can't wait for lisa's interview. her blog is the one my sister found for us the day mis maggie was born and provided us with so much hope for the future watching her sweet bridget dance and play...just like every other 3 year old little girl. we were just so naive at the time we did not know what our brand-new baby girl's future held. lisa is the main reason i started a blog...to give hope and inspiration to other new parents or expecting parents with a ds diagnosis. and it is such a blessing to have met so many other sweet families like yours! your sweet lily's bath time babbling reminds me so much of my magpie :)

Katy said...

I love it. Roo isn't sitting up yet, so he's still in the little infant tub, but he LOVES bathtime. It's not a good bedtime thing, though, because he gets so wound up in there! :-)

txkerri said...

Patti,
I don't know how you do it. No one can bring me to tears the way you do. Lily is absolutely, oh my goodness, incredibly, GORGEOUS!! You must send these pics to Johnson and Johnson, Baby Majic, somebody!! We have found the new face of baby shampoo!!

my family said...

beautiful, so which one(S) will be framed and put in "that special spot" precious little one

Patti said...

Denise- can't wait til April!
Kerri-you are too sweet:) I'll think on that...;)

Allison said...

It's me again! I almost read the entire post and then got off the computer but then a wave of conviction (or something!) hit me so here I am leaving a comment. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures. I love them! Looking forward to your next post...and my next comment. :)

Love love love you Lils!

Patti said...

OH MY GOODNESS- ANOTHER COMMENT FROM ALLISON!! I just about fell off my chair when I saw it! Allison- I was just getting ready to buy you a t-shirt- a maternity one, cuz I just know you'll need it soon- with a big fat LURKER across the front! I am so proud of you! Lils is so happy to see her Tia Allison commenting, she said to tell you;) ox

Kelli said...

Ahhhhh...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! My favorite is the towel shot at the end!

cathy said...

beautiful, simply beautiful....I was thinking THE same thing about a new face on a baby product
xoxo

Susanna said...

Love that last pic--what a cutie-pie!

Allison said...

Oh Oh Oh!!! I get to be her Tia?!?!?!? :)

Anonymous said...

Just read your Notes from Home, then came here. I did not think the bath pictures could get cuter. Wow, great photography and such a beautiful baby. Now, I am really ending my day being blessed. Cara

Kaetlyn said...

What wonderful pictures. Lily sure is an absolute darling! Love the hairdo with the towel. I agree with an earlier commenter...definitely the new face of baby shampoo or bubble bath or something! She's SOOOO cute!

Melissa M said...

Love, love, love these pictures!!