Friday, October 29, 2010

An Invitation to Our Home

Dear Readers,

Today on this 29th day of "31 for 21" I'd like to do something different.

I'd like to invite you over to our family blog, in case you've never been there.

I especially wanted to invite you if you are a new mama of a baby with Down syndrome, or are expecting a baby with ds.

Because I'd like you to see that although I blog exclusively about ds here...our lives do not revolve around ds. This just happens to be my place to come to talk about it, in my letters to Lily.

I'm new at the whole ds thing, so I'm by no means an expert. But the thing I have learned the most in these 9 months of loving Lily is that Down syndrome does not define us, and it does not define Lily.

We live a very normal, joy-filled life, and sometimes ds plays a part in that, and sometimes it plays no part at all. I suspect Lily's life will be the same. Down syndrome isn't a death sentence, and even though I sometimes say that Lily's diagnosis changed our lives forever, it is only meant in terms of who we are...we are better for it.

I started this blog when I was pregnant with Lily to have a place to pour out my own feelings ...and also to let our families know what was going on, through those roller coaster-like days of my pregnancy.

Some day I may merge the two blogs...maybe when Lily is old enough to read, and she wonders why she gets a blog all to herself, and none of her other siblings do:)

For now, this is her place, and mine. If I seem to emphasize or talk about the fact that she has Down syndrome here a lot, well, that's why I began my letters to her in the first place. To sort it all out...

But life goes on, and meanwhile we have a lot of fun and craziness and just plain normal stuff too in our home...and we'd love to invite you over...

Photobucket



....to Notes From Home...

love,
Patti

No comments: