Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 9/Something Lighter

Dearest Lily,

Yesterday I wrote about your birth story. I received SO MANY kind words, and I am so touched that people loved reading about that day.

Today I wanted to post something lighter. Because we're not always in serious moods around here. Sometimes we just like to have fun!

Here are some recent cell phone photos of you...

Photobucket
...that one needed no explanation.

Mama bought you a cute little beanie and leggings this week...
Photobucket

Here you are reading your favorite book...
Photobucket
..you LOVE looking at photos of Papa and Grammi!!

This is you being darling in your carseat...
Photobucket
...your older sister Mackenzie first wore that headband 18 years ago:)


Something else you share with BOTH your sissies...
Photobucket
...the two-finger suck!! I have 3 daughters- ALL of them sucked two fingers...I have 7 boys- NONE of them sucked two fingers- only one sucked his thumb. How coincidental is that???

Here you are giving Mackenzie a kiss,,,
Photobucket

...and here you are after a yummy dinner of sweet potatoes...
Photobucket
Sweet dreams!!

Love,
Mama oxox

11 comments:

Elissa said...

She is fabulous! I love her and your family without ever even meeting y'all. How old is Lily now? Standing is a big deal, and she looks pretty steady. (Btw-Both my kids prefer the censored look too) :)

Patti said...

She is almost 9 months, but she only "leans" on things- she can't stand by holding on and supporting herself:)
awww, we love Abbie and your family too!

Ashley said...

Love the pictures! Yay, Lily, for standing!

patsy said...

patti, thank you so much for your sweet words you left on miss maggie's blog. the camera i use is a canon 50d...it is just my hobby to take thousands of pics of my girls so i don't ever forget how sweet every little thing they do is! i love miss lily's pics, the one of her sucking the two fingers, too cute!

fckopp said...

How could you cover us such a cute tushie? 'Cause you know Grammi would want to pinch that chubby tush. So happy Lily likes the picture of Papa and Grammi. Seeing Lily sleeping in her chair brings back memeories of Josiah falling asleep during dinner in the highchair at Grammi's, I think it was Thanksgiving. MMMM was it the Thanksgiving Grammi provide more protein in the gravy than we all wanted. :>)

SITS Girls said...

She is a delight.
Thanks you so much for sharing.

Deanna said...

wow. impressed by the standing.

Brown Eyed Mama said...

Oh, my, gosh. That last pic of her passed out after eating--oh, my heart.

I'm ridiculously shy and I rarrly comment on blogs I fall in love with, but your writing style and sweet beautiful little Lily have completely drawn me in and I just had to post and say hi. :) I can't remember how I even tripped across your blog now, but here I am, Lily is precious, you're a fantastic writer, and so: hi. :) Take care!

Kristen's mom said...

Having fun is good. Breathe in the moments, soak it on and enjoy it.

Sarah said...

You are one brave mama to let a naked baby stand on a couch....My luck would not turn out so well!!! So you have 10 kids?!?? I guess that is where you get the bravery...you've seen it all:) Just 2 kids is kicking my tail right now.

All kidding aside....love your pics and your posts. What a sweet family you have and Lily is precious. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and sending kisses from her...right back at that sweet baby!

Candy (Mama Lion) said...

she is so beautiful and i absolutely love ur blog. i love ur LOVE for ur daughter. it is so incredibly sweet. Lilly is one lucky lady :)