Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not So Wordless Wednesday

Photobucket


I read a ton of blogs about families with children with ds...it's my favorite addiction next to Starbucks Irish Breakfast Tea. So this morning, while sipping said tea, I read this beautiful post. I could relate to so much of what Wren was saying...I didn't go through all the emotions of anger she did in the first weeks after having Lily (I'm not sure why, I just didn't- everybody "grieves" differently). However, she nailed it when she described her fears about being "that family"....the one with the child with Down syndrome. If you have time, click on the link above. Warning though: you will fall in love with her incredibly gorgeous little guy Sutter!!! I've added him to the list of prospects for Lily to marry some day:)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You're right! He is a handsome man :)

Elissa said...

I saw this post on her blog too! It was great!

Wren said...

Patti you are too sweet! I think Sutter's pretty cute too...maybe an arranged marriage is in the cards...I'm sure they'll go for it! :)

Tara said...

For someone reason, this just cracked me up! I, on the other hand, was grateful to no longer be "that family", you know...the one with ALL THOSE KIDS! LOL! For me, Ds added a new focus and I was really excited about it. (See my post, "The Freak Show Adds Down Syndrome".:)