Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life with Lily

Dearest Lily,

Photobucket
You are changing so quickly these days, it's hard to keep up. Just a few weeks ago, when we were at OHSU for your 6 month check up, I answered a number of questions about your development...and now I want to re-submit all my answers!

The speech therapist had asked me if you were repeating consonants, such as mamama, dadada, etc. I said no, and the very next week you started babbling.

Photobucket


The physical therapist asked if you were grabbing your feet and playing with them. I answered no...and then this happened last week....


Photobucket

She also asked if you played with toys...or got excited when I held up a new toy..again I answered no...but since then you have been fascinated with all kinds of toys, and you love to grab them and stuff them in your mouth, and hold them up to look at them.

Photobucket

You have lost your little newborn look completely now...

Photobucket

..and my baby girl is finally looking chubby:)

Photobucket

You study our faces and watch us across the room, and you seem to be taking notes on all we are doing. Nothing escapes your watchful, curious gaze..


Photobucket

Your newest trick- reaching out for our faces- has all your brothers and sisters captivated...they love to lean over to you and wait, as you gently reach out your tiny hands and place them on their cheeks. Nobody can resist kissing you when you do this, least of all your twin Noah..

Photobucket

It's so hard to believe that at this time last year, we didn't even know you were a girl. It's almost impossible for me to imagine life before you...it just feels like you've always been a part of our lives.

When you wake up in the morning and sleepily look into my eyes and grin, it feels like something inside me wakes up....

And at night, as you burrow close into my neck and softly squeeze my hair,
the last thing I do before we both drift off to dreamland ....
Photobucket
....is thank God for my beautiful and truly perfect Lily.

I love you always,

Mama oxox

9 comments:

Ashley said...

She is so beautiful, Patti. You know exactly how to describe your feelings beautifully :)

stephanie said...

Patti she is scrumptious!! and look at everything she's doing!!! Fabulous! Love the pic with her sweet brother!!!
This is such a beautiful post to you beautiful daughter. It's going to make her so happy when she reads it one day.

Ann said...

Beautiful post! Love those kisses!

Brunner Family said...

Awww...She is getting chubby cheeks!! Such a cutie... love that first pic and her grabbing her feet.

Rachel said...

What a precious little one! She is so beautiful! You capture all her accomplishments so wonderfully. Thank you for sharing your girl with us!

fckopp said...

I just love how Lily's whispy hair is getting thicker and love those red/blond eyebrows. Yes, Lils, you are truly "maturing". Miss Lily please kiss ALL your siblings for Grammi, and kiss Daddy and Mommy too for me.

Kelly Marin said...

I like the picture of her and Noah, its so sweet.

Melissa M said...

I love when babies play with their feet. Claire is still fascinated by her hers and apparently they taste good too. :)

Kathy Kidwell said...

Patti,
Beautiful pictures & videos you have on here. So nice watching her grow, & it looks like she is turning into a chunker. :) Love the pic of her & her twin Noah..
Love,Kathy