Thursday, June 17, 2010

Five Months

Dearest Lily,


You turned five months old yesterday.

Five months since our lives were changed forever- for the good.

Five months of pure joy, knowing God gave us the best gift when He gave us YOU.

Five months of falling head over heals in love with you, and wondering how we ever lived without your radiant smile in our lives.

Who were we before you came along, Lily? Not complete- that much I know. We thought we knew unconditional love, we thought we had experienced all there was to know in parenting and loving a baby so much you would give your life for them. We thought we had felt a love that goes so far you know you'll never be the same again.
Photobucket

But then you came along. And rocked our souls to the core. You wrapped us around your tiny bent little finger, and we know you'll never let us go. You made us complete. You showed us that life is so much more than what we thought it was. We learned the value and fulfillment of being needed. You did all that, just by being YOU.

I love you all the way to God and back, baby girl. I will spend the rest of my life thanking God for sending me you.

Always and forever,

Mama oxox

4 comments:

fckopp said...

WOW 5 months ago Aunt Hopie, Jade, Grace and Grammi surprised Mommy and the next day you suprised all of us. Love you so much little Pixie. See you soon.

Brunner Family said...

"Happy 5-month Birthday"!! That is an ADORABLE picture!! Those lips are so cute!!! :)

Keri Jo said...

What a sweet picture :) I love the lips too!

Anonymous said...

Oh give me those babies lips I want to kiss them so tweet. Love her little smirk:) Love, me