Saturday, May 8, 2010

Just a thought..

Dear Lily,

I received an email today with a photo of a sleeping baby..and I could not stop staring at her fingers. Because they seemed so long. And that has been happening lately, every time I see a baby's fingers..they seem incredibly long. Your fingers are so so tiny.. when you were born, if there was anything that stood out to me as being "different" about you, it was your small fragile hands.

Photobucket

But you know what is funny? Now they seem totally normal to me...and every other baby's long, tapered fingers seem almost too long. Isn't that wild?




Just thinking about our persectives on life, lately. How we define perfect.



"She has the perfect nose". "He has perfect hair." "That child has the perfect little face."
Photobucket
Photobucket



But really, our physical differences are what make us all individuals, all uniquely created by God, and it would be such a boring world if we all looked exactly the same, or even totally similar. I mean, I would be really sad if every one of my children looked like a complete duplicate of the previous sibling!
Photobucket

So really, perfect is such an ambiguous term, you know?



I think it's like the old saying- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.Photobucket




Your sweet, soft, little translucent hands are perfect to me, baby girl.

Loving all the rest of perfect little you,



Mama oxox

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love the photos!! Sooo precious!!