Thursday, January 28, 2010

Soooo Spoiled

Dearest Lily,



You are 12 days old!! Seems like yesterday you were in Mama's tummy, and here you are almost 2 weeks old. I think that 99% of that has been spent in someones arms. Well, since you've been at home anyway. From the time we get up in the morning until we go to bed, someone is always holding you...each of your siblings takes turns with you, and we've had to stop more than one argument about who got to hold you last.



Jackson wakes up each morning and runs into my bedroom saying "I wanna hold Baby Lily!!!" He never calls her Lily, its always Baby Lily:) Mackenzie gets home from work each day and walks in the door and straight over to wherever you are. We have to pry you from her arms and tell her to get her chores done each day- she would literally spend every waking moment holding you if we didn't! Tyler, Jonathan, Caleb, Abigail and Noah all dote on you and comment on your every expression..they all want to feed you your bottle, but until you get a little bigger I'm not ready to pass that duty on. Josiah held you for hours today while he worked on his resume. Daddy gets home from work and asks "Where's my girl???!" I don't believe there was ever a more loved little baby girl on the planet:)

Everyone from church has been bringing meals each night...we have been SO SPOILED as a family because of you, Lily! Chicken Parmesan, BBQ pork on rolls, scalloped potatoes, tacos, casseroles, cinnamon bread, chocolate chip cookies, pasta salad, pizza, you name it, we have a fridge full of food! Everyone must think we eat a ton, because there are so many of us...so we have leftovers galore! It is wonderful for Mama, because all I seem to have time to do is feed you bottles, pump milk, change you, attempt nursing, and keep up on the laundry. I'm sure I'll get back to cooking soon, but this week has been quite an adjustment for me. I don't know how I would have handled making dinner every night while doing everything else!

Wonderful news...you are starting to nurse now!! We have been "practicing" since you were born, but last night and today you did very well. I am not giving up. I've never had to work at getting a baby to nurse before- but then again, you are very good at making me do things I've never done before:) My whole pregnancy with you was full of "first times", so it shouldn't surprise me that your arrival has brought new firsts as well. I always thought I had pretty much learned everything there was to learn about babies, but you are teaching me how much I don't know. I told my doctor last week- it might sound funny, but I'm kind of excited about having a baby with special needs...all kinds of new things to learn, and new challenges, and it's almost like having a baby for the first time all over again!

I am closing for now, as we have company coming...everyone loves to come visit you, sweet Lily bird. No wonder, since you are the sweetest and cutest baby in the world!!

Love always,

Your Mama oxox

3 comments:

CKopp said...

I have children with special needs. It's like the movie Groundhogs Day, their memory starts over every day. At first, it was cute, Lori and I laughed and taught them everything, again. But now, it's in the bad part of the movie, where he's losing his mind saying the same thing over and over and over and....

Oh, sorry, your blog is cute, your daughter is cute...

fckopp said...

My Dearest Lily, MMMMM!!! From the sound of it not only am I missing out on spending time with my favorite Rice(s) but I am missing out on all that yummy food. Oh well, I am not worrying because I know Mommy is such a good cook, and no, I didn't teach her she learned all by herself. I had my favoritiest picture of you printed out and can't wait to pick it up. You are enjoying a beauty nap in your tub. Your belly looks just like Grammi's. ROTFLOL.

Leslea said...

Lily is so precious and I'm so enjoying reading about how much all her siblings (and Mommy and Daddy) are enjoying her! And yay for Lily that she's nursing! What a wonderful, sweet baby. She is beautiful! ~ Leslea